Oh no! Not another post on a pram! My apologies, but this is an experience I just had to share .
On a recent holiday to Singapore, I happened to come across a Baby Fair at Takashimaya a high end department store on Singapore’s posh Orchard street.
I wasn’t really keen on visiting since I already had most of the baby gear in place not to mention the Disadvantages of an Indian tourist: currency and baggage allowance. However, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to have a peek.
To say I was gobsmacked was putting it mildly because this place has it all- breast pumps and breast friends and cradles and cribs. There were Pampers and tethers and toys and yes…….PRAMS.
- The stroller folds forwards or in other words you have to bend forward to collapse it
- It doesn’t stand upright when folded
- It tends to topple backwards when the handle bars are used to hang your shopping
- It is a whopping 7 kg which isn’t light
- It is quite difficult to open and is definitely bulky and clumsy for a mum to manage with a baby in hand
- It may be a British brand but it is definitely not manufactured in the UK
So why would you want to go in for a Maclaren?
Especially when you have a host of other brands to chose from like Peg Perego for instance.